Yes, I am 33. And it’s great.
I don’t know why, but I think it’s better than 32 and I feel way more confident than 30.
Yes, I still have a lot of unorganized and unmaterialized plans, hopes and aspirations in head but I am more at peace with myself.
Today is not my birthday. Neither it is this month. It was last month. On the 2nd to be exact.
And typically me, I did not do an entry on that day, as I hadn’t the past years. Just so I would not forget, here’s to what happened, on and around my birthday month.
1. I decided to celebrate my birthday by sharing cakes I bake with friends at the workplace. At first I planned to bake 6 cakes. Why six? To commemorate my 33rd birthday 3+3=6. Alas, I can only plan. Dalam keheningan pagi (4 am), I realized I was out of eggs.. Hmm, so I stopped at 5. There was 2 cheesecakes, a marbled cheese chocolate cake, carrot cake and vanilla – coffee sponge cake.
2. Since I wasn’t expecting to receive any cake (the very reason to bake my own cakes), I was so surprised to find a red velvet frosted with cream cheese on my desk that morning. I was sooo touched, beyond words. Hampir menitiskan air mata. Seriously. (Plus everyone at home, my mom and sister said it’s one of the best RV cake they’ve ever tasted. Compliments to the chef).
3. Not only that, someone else also baked me chocolate chip cookies. As she had remembered I love eating cookies, just too lazy to bake them. Thank you, Eny.. I really appreciate the thought.
4. Mom, last year gave me this beautiful embroidered telekung. This year she gave a pair of clothes (to be made into baju kurung) with matching scarf. Thanks Ibu, for always remembering.
5. Encik Suami, as usual did away with the surprise and just told me he’d buy me the iPhone for my birthday. But due to the hassle at his office, I received the phone 2 weeks after my birthday. Thank you, I love you.
6. And after so many years (3, or is it just 2) of planning an outstation birthday celebration with my birthday buddy (first it was Bandung, shortened to Singapore and finally settling on Batu Pahat), we managed to go on a road trip together. It wasn’t on our birthday, but the weekend after our birthday. And the agenda was of course, makan, makan and makan. I would do an entry on that some day.
So there, my 33rd birthday to remember by. ☺