I don’t remember if I ever wrote about the types of movies I like to watch.. macam ada, but I can’t remember. Basically I like to watch movies that are light and funny. Not too heavy, not dark nor depressing. But sometimes I still watch these films because they are good. Like the Green Mile.. that’s depressing, but good.
Anyway, recently I watch a movie on Astro (can’t remember which of those 3 movie channels) about a road trip, and I realize, apart from films zaman kuda (I call it), I also love road trip movies. I always dream of a road trip with closest buddies. A trip to Batu Pahat, with eating pitstop ala ala Jalan Jalan Cari Makan would be great.. kan J & K?
So today I just want to list out the road trip movies that are memorable and that I just love. Most of them may seem stupid and boring to you, but sometimes, the dumber the better.
ps: The list is in no particular order.
1. Fanboys – the boys are so bangang and kelakar.
2. Wild Hogs – oh, this one was so very hillarious. Tim Allen and John Travolta.
3. Stand By Me – This will always remind me of River Pheonix. And fat Jerry O’Connell.
4. Michael – Maybe most don’t know this movie. This is the one where John Travolta was an angel. But I love Andie MacDowell. You don’t see much of her.
5. Hangover – At first I didn’t want to watch it. But my friend made me. And boleh tahan kelakar.. and stupid as usual.
6. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure – Oh, this was my all time favorite masa kecik-kecik.
7. Thelma and Louise – Okay, who doesn’t know this kan. And no road trip movie list is complete without this.
8. Spinning Gasing – Why I like Spinning Gasing? Entah.. but it certainly sticks my head.
9. Road to Perdition – This is kinda dark. But I love mafia movie as well. I love Tom Hanks. I just found out it is based on a comic, which is based on a Japanese Manga.
10. Annie’s Point – I don’t really know if this is a film or one of those made for tv movie, but I love it. Betty White is great.
So, what’s your road trip movie? Maybe I should korek road trip movie melayu pulak.. ada ke? Mesti ada, kan.