I haven’t post anything for such a long time. Sorry. So today as I’m staring at the computer screen, trying to complete my report, I was thinking, what could calm me right now.. And NAGOYA came to mind. I need to buy some fabric for baju raya. Nanti macam tahun lepas, kena be content with baju kedai yang tak berapa best. Anyway, that also got me thinking to type this post.. since hari ni kat office. Bolehlah update blog.
I go for retail therapy at these places:
1. Craft Shop – either those paper/card shops or kedai kawin like SSF. It always amazes how simple things can become so nica. Macam if you go to those kedai barang kawin in Nilai 3, the dulang hantaran are so nice. Ada yang trendy. ada classic. ada simple. traditional. Sangat kreatif. And those paper/craft shops will be filled with hand made cards. I love handmade cards – 3d, pop up, etc. And kirigami and origami. Sangat suka!
2. Kedai Kain – Once when we were in Pasir Puteh, one of my buddy asked me, “K-lynn kau memang suka eh gi kedai kain”… because I spent hours and hours and hours in there.. siap baring², tonggeng² tgk kain.. to which I replied: “Ha’ah”. I ended up spending RM200++.. with more than 10 pairs of kain. Murah kedai tu!!!!
3. Baking Shops – Not bakery.. but the shops that sell all your baking needs: ingredients, utensils, tools, boxes, etc. Not that I’m a good baker, nor that I bake everyday.. but I like to imagine the possibilities when looking at the ingredients. The flavors, the shapes, the colors, the sizes. Endless. Chocolate. Orange. Blueberry. Almond. Hazelnut. Cakes. Cheesecake. Cupcakes. Spongecake. Cookies. Biscuits. Small. Medium. Thick. Thin.. there I go.. so you get the picture.
4. IKEA : I love IKEA for the decorating ideas. I love IKEA for the unique designs. I love IKEA for the small things that you can buy – glass, clock, small trash bin, etc. I love IKEA for the simple self serving hot dog and soft serve. I love IKEA for the raspberry cookies. I love IKEA for the comfy stops you can make at the sofa and beds along the way. I love IKEA.
5. Bookshop of course – Especially the hobbies section (craft and cook books). You know why. Hehehe.
So there. I guess retail therapy really is good as when I go to these shops, I always feel calm and at ease. Tapi kadang induce stress gak sebab tak beli apa yang kita nak.