1. I’ve always known (or is wanted the correct term to use…) that my first born was going to be named Afnan Khair. Ever since I was 16. Serious. I didn’t even know when I was going to get married, or was I ever going to get married. But I knew I wanted to name my firstborn Afnan Khair.
2. I have a scar on my right cornea. Then, two years ago, my son scratch the same spot with his fingernail. Accidentally of course. This means, I could never wear disposable contact lens ever again… because the scar causes my astigmatism to be too high.. or something like dat.
3. I am wild about peanuts. (Saying that sounds as I have a fetish or something… I don’t. Full stop). But peanuts are just deliciously sedap. I love kuah kacang. Kuah kacang with satay, kuah kacang with lontong, kuah kacang with nasi impit, kuah kacang with rojak, kuah kacang by itself. I love peanut butter. The chunky ones are even nicer. I love chocolate with peanut butter (that’s why one of my favorite chocolate is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and Reese’s Pieces.. hmmm!) I love peanut butter with bread and jam, with celery sticks, to be made into cookies. I love kacang goreng tepung. I love my ABC with peanut pieces, not crushed peanut. In short I NUTS about PEANUTS!
4. When I was nine, I didn’t know how to read jawi. At all… Blank. Nothing. It’s like reading tulisan tamil to me… and to think that I read the muqaddam everyday. But somehow in a few months, I was one of fastest jawi reading and writing student at standard four. How? I can’t remember. Serious… I amazed even myself.
5. If I were born in January, my brother would have been born in December, then we could be in the same year. But I was born in June. His birthday is in May. I celebrated my first birthday 3 days later.